Learn about our mission, our vision, and our values.
At Union Chapel, we believe you get the most out of life by knowing God, growing in relationship with God and others, and going to serve others and make a difference. At Union Chapel, we call this UC3. Click on each shape to discover more.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
The Union Chapel mission is to see our community and our world come to know Jesus, to grow in a relationship with Him and go make Him known to others. We are passionate about offering Christ to the world and dedicated to reaching the next generation for Christ.
• We believe God is the Creator and Ruler of the Universe and we are made in His image.
• We believe Jesus Christ is the Son of God.
• We believe God gives us eternal life through Jesus Christ.
• We believe salvation through Jesus Christ is a gift from God to all people.
• We believe the Holy Spirit is equal with the Father and the Son as God.
• We believe the Bible is God's Word to all and is the final authority in all matters of faith and practice.
This statement of faith does not exhaust the extent of our beliefs. The Bible itself, as the inspired and infallible Word of God that speaks with final authority concerning truth, morality, and the proper conduct of mankind, is the sole and final source of all that we believe.
STATEMENT OF MORAL PRINCIPLES
Given our current time and context, we highlight and affirm the following moral principles, acknowledging that other moral principles merit our further attention.
Scripture teaches that men and women are of equal value in the eyes of God. Accordingly, the church should treat women and men equally. We believe that both women and men are called to and gifted for ministry, and both genders are able to hold any role of leadership at Union Chapel.
We believe that all persons are of sacred worth. Therefore, we gladly welcome all who seek to grow in their relationship with God to attend worship services and participate in the church’s ministries. No person shall be disqualified from becoming a member, holding a leadership position in the church, or serving on the paid staff based on race, color, nationality, national origin, marital status, or economic condition. Union Chapel specifically renounces all racial and ethnic discrimination and commits itself to work toward full racial and ethnic equality in the church and in society.
Marriage and Sexuality
We believe marriage and sexual intimacy are good gifts from God. In keeping with Christian teaching through the ages and throughout the Church universal, we believe that marriage is the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union. We believe that God intends faithfulness in marriage and celibacy in singleness.
We believe that every person must be afforded compassion, love, kindness, respect, and dignity. Hateful and harassing behavior or attitudes directed toward any individual or group are to be repudiated and are not in accord with Scripture nor the doctrines embraced by Union Chapel.
Grow in relationship with Jesus
Go making Jesus known to others
W in the lost
O utreach to each unique generation
R elevant worship
S trategic missions
H ome groups
I mpacting the Church
P ractical ministry
1. Our highest value is to love God and love each other.
2. Lost people matter to God, and therefore matter to the Church.
3. The Church should be culturally relevant while remaining doctrinally pure.
4. Believers should pursue intimacy with Christ.
5. The ministry of the Church should be based upon the spiritual gifts, temperaments and talents of its believers.
6. Ministry is best accomplished in teams.
7. Clear biblical teaching is the catalyst for life transformation, and that on-going life-change happens best in small groups.
8. Excellence honors God and inspires people.
9. The Church should be led by Believers with leadership gifts who have embraced the mission, vision and core values of their church.
10. The people of God are inclined to honor and obey God.
DISCOVER is a one hour class, designed to help you learn more about Union Chapel, our UC3 Vision, find your fit in service, connect to a small group and answer any questions you may have. See the upcoming DISCOVER meeting dates below.DISCOVER DATES